“Ascend” (page 109)
Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
Here are a few of the things that came into my thoughts as I read this phrase:
• Get up!
• Get moving forward and up and in a positive direction.
• Do what makes you feel better or lighter.
• I am always moving. If I am not moving up (upward spiral) then I am moving down
(downward spiral). The upward spiral means I am being my real self, honoring me. This makes me feel good. Anything else, means I am not living the best way for me. Why would I ever want to do that? Not live in accordance with who I really am? Yet…the vast majority of the human beings does this every single day.
• To ascend is to continually improve.
• I choose to be a life-long learner because to me, that is continuous improvement and personal growth.
• I am never DONE…I am always evolving and becoming Me!
• To ascend, it to rise above the day-to-day physical conscious things that fill my mind, and see my life and myself from a higher point of view.
• To ascend is to expect more of me. I can only be, do or have what I expect. The more I expect, the more I get (of anything…this works for good and bad things).
• Ascending can be as simple as choosing a slightly better feeling. What feels better (lighter) to you?
• Choose up, keep choosing up. Choose love, keep choosing love. Choose kindness, keep choosing kindness. Choose YOU, keep choosing to BE YOU!
• I can feel better whenever I want, simply by choosing another feeling or emotion. If I am feeling (and acting) judgmental or jealous (of someone else or something), I can instantly decide to look at the situation or person through a different filter. By asking myself questions and trying to see the situation from their perspective, I gain insight into myself and feel better now.
• Letting go of the past and negative thoughts and feelings does the same thing…let’s me feel better (ascend) NOW.
• There is no right way or wrong way to ascend. Personal growth and development, like ascending, is unique process for each of us…that means there are over 7 billion ways to do it (plus the billions of people who have lived before us).
• Make a list of 10 things that you can do easily and quickly to make you feel better (so you have it handy for any situation or time you might want it).
Some of the things on mine are:
Take 3 deep breaths. (If that doesn’t work, take 10 with your eyes closed).
Go outside (or at least go to a window for a minute or two).
Ask myself ‘Am I willing to feel better?’ ‘Do I want to feel better?’
Ask “Is there another way I could see ‘this’? Right Now? If not now, when?’
Drink a glass of water.
Take a short (or long) walk. Can be inside or out, depending on the circumstances…
You get the idea. Make a list. Have it handy. Watch how much more quickly you recover from upset(s) and move forward…which IS ascending.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
Share if you choose to… Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page:
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Because YOU Deserve To THRIVE!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: