“Start serving, giving. Works for organizations too.” (page 414)
Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
Here are a few of the things that came into my thoughts as I read this phrase:
• You have got to give, what you want to get (receive).
• In order to get love, I must first love myself and others…this works for everything.
• I am compensated (by the Universe, not just my job or business) for the service (value) I provide for others. The higher the perceived value, the more I receive in return. A higher cost or price tag does NOT mean higher quality or service.
• My soul serves, my ego just wants to receive. (?)
• Serving and giving is not only about money or abundance, although that is the way many define success. It is about contributing to the world in a way that makes you feel good.
• Serving is my way of sharing me with the world. The more of me, the real me I share, the greater my service.
• Giving me, sharing me, being me…is the greatest way I serve.
• Being Me is my purpose.
• Organizations (profit and non-profit) that provide the best service (value) to people are the most successful. Look at entertainment, social networks, utilities…
• When in doubt, ask, ‘How can I serve’.
• What service(s) are you providing? How are you giving (what you want to receive)?
o Are you a Mom? Guarantee you are giving and serving.
o Married or in a relationship? Better be giving or it is doomed (which explains why up toward 50% of marriages end in divorce…including mine, in case someone thinks I am judging. When you stop giving what you want to receive, usually attention and time, things tend to fall apart.)
o Employee? What would happen if you stopped serving your boss or company? Are you giving your best effort?
o Business Owner? What would happen if you stopped providing value to your customers?
o Role: Any role you play requires service and giving of some sort…Are you really giving it all you have or are you holding back? If so, you want to ask yourself why. If so, you may to let go and move on to something (or someone) that you want to give your service, time, and attention to.
• How are the organizations you are a part of, serving or giving? Think about each of them for a moment. Are their values aligned with your core values? Your work, your church, your clubs and hobbies, your friends, your associates, the places you go and the folks you spend your time with…are all these things supporting you? Giving you what you need to participate?
• When I am feeling frustrated or upset, I ask myself, ‘What am I giving’ or ‘What am I paying attention to’? Consciously I know what I think creates my reality, but sometimes it is difficult to BE conscious about things that upset me. Things that do not match my values, beliefs, attitude, wants…tend to upset me. But, I need to stop and ask myself WHY I am upset by them. Often, they are appearing in my life to show me something I need to deal with. The longer it takes me to recognize and deal with it, the more things I will get to attract my attention.
Example: I need to fix up my house and move (the divorce thing I mentioned). I have been putting it off (procrastinating for several reasons, mostly related to fear of the unknown…which is pretty ridiculous for me). The more I put it off, the more STUFF (shit) that keeps happening to persuade me to take action in the direction I already know I need to be going. The refrigerator water line breaks, lights burn out (that I can not reach, even with a big ladder), the fire place pilot light burns out (just when I want a nice cozy fire), more clutter accumulates everywhere…until I can not tolerate all the non-sense and act…giving myself value and relief…so I get a new more comfortable home.
• When I am feeling lonely, going around and interacting with people, giving them my attention, gets me feeling connected (and not lonely). This works for everything. Give what I want to get. Give love to get love. Give money to create more in your life. Give value, blessings, whatever you can to receive more in your life.
• We aim to serve. We aim to please. We serve to get and to receive.
• My life is the reflection of how I serve and give to others.
• The value I create in the world is my legacy. (Legacy is sort of an ego thing?) Giving & Serving is how I create value.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
Share if you choose to… Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page:
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Because YOU Deserve To THRIVE!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: