Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
Here are a few of the things that came into my thoughts as I read this phrase:
• Have you ever ‘heard’ yourself talking about something (say religion or politics or expressing a strong opinion about something) and wondered IF that is what you really believe (at your very core)? Sometimes I will be in a conversation and swear I am repeating what one of my parents said before…”I open my mouth and my mother comes out.” For me, that is a clear sign, I need to ask myself this question and really CHOOSE what is right for me.
• Identifying WHO something belongs to, is not as important, as recognizing that it might not belong to you.
• It is interesting and amazing to discover where some of our beliefs come from–a parent, a teacher, a sibling, a friend, an enemy, a co-worker, a stranger passing by, the news, a book
• No one is born thinking or believing anything…every belief (which is just a thought or idea you have decided to adopt) is implanted from someone or some experience.
• You get to choose which beliefs (thoughts) you want to keep.
• When you hear something in a conversation or in the media, do a personal ‘gut check’ on how it makes you feel…then ask yourself, who does this belief/thought belong to? If you do not feel good (lighter), consider letting it go.
• For today, increase your awareness of the judgements you are making. When you notice, ask yourself, “Who does that belong to?” If you get an immediate, ME and feel good about it, done. If you get a ‘hit’, meaning you feel anything other than light/good about it, ask the question again…and see what comes up.
• We create our lives by the beliefs/thoughts/feelings we choose to experience…make sure YOU are the one choosing for YOU!
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
Share if you choose to… Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page:
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Because YOU Deserve To THRIVE!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: