The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“Personal growth/development” (page 386)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• What does personal development mean to me?
• What is the last thing I learned?
• What would I like to learn about? What am I curious about? What interests me?
• How open am I to new things and different perspectives? Do I believe there is one best way or only one way of doing things?
• Who do I know that I consider ‘personally developed’, a self-made person I admire?
• Do I feel like I am getting better, worse or staying the same?
• Is there something blocking my personal growth and development? (This is my excuse for staying in a place that stresses me out.)
• What is the last course, seminar, webinar you took? What is the last book you read?
• When was the answer to the above question. (If you have not picked up any book since finishing school, this could be an indication that you are resisting personal growth.)
• What do you think about continuous improvement?
• How much television and news do you watch (listen to)? Estimate time per day.
• How does experiencing new things, make you feel? Scared, excited, happy, depressed…
• Personal development leads to increased confidence and self-esteem. The more you know and experience (about yourself, especially), the better you feel and less stress negatively impacts you.
• You are in charge of your own personal development. Hence, the ‘personal’ qualifier. Noticing a theme here? You are in charge of you…all the time. You can not delegate it, you can not avoid it, you can not shirk your responsibility. It always all boils down to YOU.
• When I am engaged in something interesting, time flies by and I do not feel stressed.
• Being ‘in the flow’ is not stressful.
• Being YOU, should not feel stressful…if it does, what’s up?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Learn One New Thing Today
Today’s stress relieving action is to learn one new thing today.
You decide how big or small the thing is.
• Look at a situation or person in your life from a different point of view.
• Sign up for a class you have been interested in taking.
• Go for a walk in a new place.
• Think about something you do all the time and investigate whether it could be done another way.
• Start a new project. Begin reading a book or article on a topic that interests YOU.
• Listen to a webinar.
• Read an article.
• Try a food you have never eaten before.
• Take a different route home today.
What did you do?
How does it make you feel?
What impact did this action have on your stress-level?
What else would you like to do?
Hint: You can start a new habit of learning one new thing every day. You already started!
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: