30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 8
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“I am enough.” (page 37)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• You ARE enough. Right NOW. We all are just as we are supposed to be at this very instant.
• Everything you (and I) need, is already inside of you (me).
• Since everything is already inside of me, I just have to let it out. If what I want is not yet in my life, how am I preventing it from showing up?
• If I am experiencing stress in some area of my life, what is it trying to show me?
For example: When I am feeling frustrated with other people… if I STOP and really notice that I am feeling this way and ask myself why I am experiencing this feeling, I realize that I am frustrated with ME… something in my life or behavior. Frustration, for me, shows up when I believe something should be different than it is. I should already be done with this task. I should already have accomplished this goal. I should… When I stop ‘should-ing’ on myself, the tension and stress of feeling frustrated goes away. Since what IS, is, right now, there is no value in expecting it to be something different.
• I am worthy.
• Every human being is born worthy, enough, love. Every single person!
• Who am I to judge? Others? This? Myself?
• What I judge (believe), I create.
• The Universe is here to support me in creating whatever I choose. I need to make sure I am choosing what I want.
• Not feeling like you are enough or worthy is the root cause of almost all stress, worry, fear.
• Do not let the world or anything outside of you influence your sense of worth. This is much easier said than done. Much of what surrounds us is designed to make us believe we are not good enough, not worthy…in order to sell us the solution to that ‘problem’.
• What do you think you are worth? Worthy of? Deserve?
• Who do you think you are? Who do you appear as to the rest of the world? Are these the same person? Why or why not?
• Accepting and loving who I am right now, does not mean I am done yet.
• We are all here to experience life as only we can. Each of us being who we really are, let’s others know that it is OK for them to BE who they are too.
• There is much less stress when you are living your truth. The more masks you wear, the more stress you experience…
• What if everyone knew they ARE enough? What would the world look like?
• Negative self-talk is a sign I do not believe I am enough.
• Judging others is a symptom that I do not think I am enough. This is the same as comparing myself to others (about anything). Someone will always be more of whatever I am making comparisons about. Someone will always be smarter, prettier, faster, thinner, more business savvy, richer, healthier…
• Does what I am thinking, make me feel lighter? If something makes me feel lighter, it is true for me. If it makes me feel heavier, it is not true for me. When you ask yourself, Am I enough?, do you feel heavier or lighter?
• I used to believe that I was the only one who did not think I was enough. Then I learned that this is one of the most common beliefs people have. Why the heck is that? What is in it for us to not believe we are perfect just the way we are? What is in it for the things outside of us to want to make us feel that way?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
For the next few days, we are going to practice some quick tension relieving exercises…ways to stop stress in it’s tracks. Here is one of my personal favorites. There are days I do this dozens of times.
Do what my dad taught me (or maybe it was my mom)…when faced with a stressful situation:
COUNT To 10
Count to TEN…
1. Take a breath—Inhale.
2. Count (slowly)…
5. How do you feel? Less tension, more stress?
Note: You may have to repeat this exercise several times too.
Try adding a word after each number to slow you down. One potato, two million, three carrots, four bunnies, five caramels…whatever breaks the tension or makes you smile.
You may have to count to 100.
I use this in traffic when someone cuts me off. I use it at work when I want to say something I maybe should not.
I use it to slow me down. I use it to calm down when I am feeling overwhelmed by something or someone. I use it when I just want a mental break from what I am thinking about. I use it when I am dealing with my kids, my X, my family…
When could it work for you, to reduce the stress in your life?
Try it at least once today.
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: