30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 7
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“No one can make me feel _____________(anyway/anything) without my permission!” (page 29)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• What I feel is entirely up to me.
• It is my responsibility to decide (yes I actually get to choose) how I feel about everything and anything at any given moment.
• The only one who can control my emotions and feelings is me.
• It often feels like people and circumstances around (outside of me), make me feel the way I do. This is my mind’s/ego’s illusion…
• Blaming anything outside of me for the way I feel is giving away MY POWER (and control).
• These feelings could also be someone else trying to control me. Not everyone and everything has my best interests at heart. (Make up your own mind or someone else will make it up for you, build your own dream or you will be building someone else’s…) Each of us has our own unique set of motivations.
• I notice HOW I am feeling, especially when I am feeling stressed. What is going on around me? Who am I with? Where am I? What am I doing? Did someone say something that triggered me? Did I overhear something that upset me? Why am I choosing to ‘feel’ a particular way? What if I decided not to? What if I decided to look at this a different way? How would ______ look at it?
• What is in it for me (WIIFM) to feel a certain way?
• How often do I feel positive vs. negative things? (Remember, you decide what is positive and negative. A positive stressor for me may make another person feel horrible and negative.)
• Taking responsibility is control…only I can create what I want and how I feel.
• We often want to help others feel better, less stress. The fact is, we can’t. Only they can choose how they want to feel.
• I know I decide how I feel about everything…but I do not always act that way. Sometimes I get carried away by what is going on around me. Sometimes I forget who I am and what I want. Sometimes it is just easier to go with the flow. But this is my choice too.
• Does it make me feel lighter? I like to ask myself this question when I am feeling stressed. If it doesn’t, why do I want to keep feeling this way? How long am I going to feel this way? As long as I strive for better/lighter feelings, in any given moment, I will feel less stress.
• When I catch myself worrying, blaming, reacting negatively to a person or event (it is not always right away), I stop and breathe. I remind myself that I am choosing to let this upset me…once I bring something in to my conscious mind, I can decide whether my reaction is appropriate or not. This often happens after the fact.
• You mean everything I feel and experience is entirely up to me?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
I was going to go find another “deck” for a card today, but this one came up in “The Nature of Infinite Love & Gratitude” and seemed pretty appropriate, so I decided to go with it.
“Action” “I am now choosing to live a life of action rather than one of reaction. I am powerfully creating my life.”
Thank you Dr. Darren R. Weissman!
Pause today. Take some time to review what we have done so far.
If you have not actually DONE any of the exercises, go back and catch up.
Your power is in the doing.
Your learning and growing is in the experience.
Experience comes from action.
Do not cheat yourself out of anything…you deserve to feel less stressed!
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: