The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“1=biological survival unit 2=emotional survival unit” (page 412)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• We are in charge of our own biological survival. No one else can eat or drink or exercise or think for us.
• Emotionally, we survive by interacting with other human beings.
• Personally, I don’t know how you can have one without the other…we all are in charge of our own well-being, but experiences we share with others are vital to our existence. It is the people we interact with, that show us what we need to see/learn/know.
• Looking within and spending time alone is a great way to recharge, get to know who you really are and BE YOU. But, eating every meal alone, gets old.
• One of the fastest ways to feel better (less stress) is to GIVE to others. Giving what you want to receive really works. I challenge you to try it. Give away those old clothes. Give away your love, time and energy. The more you share, the more you have to share (more you receive).
• This one is for my sisters: I love my cats, but sometimes I need to hang out with people. My cats do not drink wine.
• We humans tend to make relationships more complicated than they need to be. Take out judgement and expectations, put in love and acceptance. Seriously treat people the way you want to be treated.
• Choose the right people to interact with. Do they make you feel lighter? Do you feel better when you are around a particular person? If not, you know what to do. (I know it is not easy, but it IS necessary.)
• Always be true to YOU and listen to your gut (intuition).
• LOVE yourself first…really love all of who you are. You cannot give to others what you do not give to you. Quick check. How often do you speak negatively to yourself? Would you ever say those things out loud to anyone else? You ARE already perfect…just as you are. Every single bit of you…the parts you like and especially the ones you criticize. Those are the ones that are showing YOU what you need to be the best you.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Today, take a really close look at you #1 Stressor. The fastest way to do this, is by asking questions. Remember to dig a little deeper…our brain will often serve us up a quick answer to ‘make it go away’ vs. the REAL answer. Try asking WHY? about 5 times to really get to the heart of the matter.
• What is your number one stressor?
• How long has it been impacting your life?
• How is it impacting your life? List both the positives and the negatives?
Rate your level of stress because of this (on a scale of 1-100, the higher the number, the more stress you feel because of this).
• What is your number right now? ____
• Does your number change?
• Do you feel less stressed about this when you are happy?
• Does your number go up when you are tired?
• Do you feel more stressed when you are hungry?
• Are you more stressed when you are alone or with other people?
• Does your number go down or up on the weekends?
• What would happen if you no longer had this stressor in your life?
• What would happen if the person/place/situation/stressor was no longer negatively impacting you?
• What do you have to gain/lose by reducing the impact this stressor has on your life?
What is ONE thing you CAN do right now, to have less stress about your #1 stressor?
We can all do something to reduce stress in our lives. Especially when it is something that is really impacting us. It does not have to be a BIG thing. Often, all we have to do it be willing to look at the situation from a different perspective and that gives us relief.
For example: I have believed that I MUST run my business (mostly by myself) and control as many things as possible.
This belief causes me a lot of (unnecessary) stress. When the stress began to show up PHYSICALLY in my life (getting sick, cold sores—have not had one for a decade or more, headaches, stomach ache, feeling tired, dropping dead instantly and scaring the daylights out of my family), I KNEW I had to do something about it.
The FIRST thing I had to do, was be willing to step back and take a good clear look at what I was thinking and believing HAD to happen/be. It should be noted that this took me about 6 years…
It was like a cloud lifted when I realized that I do not HAVE to do everything myself! I can actually CHOOSE what I want to do.
I know. You are thinking, why the heck did you not figure that out sooner? Didn’t you have a death experience and everything?’
Yes. Yes I did.
Apparently some of us are slower than others at changing/doing/deciding things.
I was not ready to even look at my thoughts and beliefs around my business until my brain (and body) clearly communicated to me that ‘enough is enough’.
I admit, I do not have it all figured out, but I am making choices and decisions to move me in the right direction.
As a result, I am feeling stress. Change stresses me out a bit. The difference is that these stressors are positive! I am making choices and decisions that excite me, rather than just surviving and getting by—doing things that I believed I had to do (that others expected me to do).
So, what step can you take? Could you change your mind? Look at ‘it’ with new eyes?
Can you do it?
Will you do it?
Ok, just DO IT…and see what happens!
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: