30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 4
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day.
“I will always get what I need to support my beliefs.” (page 397)
Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• Whatever I believe shows up in my world.
• My thoughts create my beliefs. ONLY MY thoughts…
• I can choose and control my thoughts and beliefs, but I have to know and believe that I can.
• It is important that I think about and believe in things I want, because whether I think about things I want or do not want…I am bringing them into my life. I am a magnificent creator (we all are.) Whatever we think about and focus on, we attract into our lives. This works for both good and bad things.
• Everything that appears in my life, is FOR me. Each person and experience that passes through our life, is here to help us experience or learn something. Not all lessons feel good at the time.
• The Universe and world are always supporting me. It is up to me (yes, my responsibility) to communicate what I want to create in such a way that the Universe gives it to me. For example: If I want to build a business, there are infinite ways to do that. It is up to me to decide how I want to go about it. As I decide, people and resources appear to help me create what I want.
• If I do not like something in my life, it is up to me to change it. This begins with my thoughts and beliefs. I am always receiving in direct response to what I am thinking and believing. If I do not like what I am getting, I MUST change my thoughts first. Often this means looking at what I believe about something first.
• When I believe I HAVE TO do something, my beliefs and thoughts will ‘serve me up’ all sorts of reasons WHY I must do it. But, if I stop and ask myself questions about the underlying belief, I find I do not HAVE to do anything (it). Asking the question opens up my mind to other possibilities. Now I can decide IF I really WANT to continue doing something. Wanting to do something feels much better than having to do it.
• “I get what I expect.” This is one of my favorite sayings (drove my spouse and kids crazy sometimes).
Think about it.
• Question your beliefs, at least in your head. Where did this belief actually come from? Do I really want to believe it? Is this belief supporting me or not? Is it moving me toward what I want? How long have I had this belief and where did it come from? Do I still want to believe this? (This is particularly helpful with things we argue with other people about…politics, religion, rules, values.)
• Remember that you get to have your beliefs and everyone else gets to have their beliefs too. We do not have to agree with them. Respect others and let them be who they want to be.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Today we are going to take a closer look at our list from yesterday.
First, make sure EACH of the things on your top ten stress list belong to you.
Often we adopt other people’s stress and wear it like it is our own.
My son’s pain from a car accident, my sister’s cancer, my daughter’s school challenges, my friend’s conflict with one of our other friends…who do these really belong to?
If you find something on your list really is not yours, let it go. Nicely (in your mind) return it to the person who owns it and wish them well in handling it. You can not really DO IT FOR THEM anyway. It is theirs to experience. You can love and support others in their stress, but you can not FEEL it for them.
Now, when you are sure you are the one that has control over these stressors, let’s go ahead and rank them. One being the most stressful, 10 the least. (By the way, if you could not come up with 10 things CONGRATS!)
What is your number one stressor?
How did doing this exercise make you feel? Does writing down what stresses you out make you feel better or worse? Lighter or heavier? More positive or negative or neutral? More or less able to deal with things? More or less ‘in control’?
Where there any surprises?
Tomorrow we are going to put a magnifying glass on our number one stressor.
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: