30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 3
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
Love & Above” (page 69)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• What am I allowing myself to receive?
• On an emotional scale, how often am I experiencing ‘Love and above’? How much time am I spending on negative vs. positive emotions? The more time I spend experiencing positive emotions, the less stress I feel.
• Accepting does not mean settling. I can accept a situation as being what it is, without settling for what I am experiencing as the way things ‘have to be’ if they are not how I want them to be.
• Every moment is an opportunity to change (for the better).
• I get to choose what I think and feel about everything I experience. I choose to allow good things into my life. I choose to receive what I want. I choose to create what I want. I choose to accept myself and others as they are right now…knowing that I can always make another choice. I choose to love myself and others…all the time.
• When I catch myself not feeling ‘love or above’ I stop, take a breath, pause and notice what is going on around me that I am letting negatively impact me. I remind myself that what I am feeling is always up to me. As I reflect on this, I invariable realize it is my thoughts (or beliefs) about what is happening that cause my feelings, not what is actually occurring. This gives me the power to change how I am reacting and feeling. I pick different thoughts and that creates better feelings and emotions. It is always my responsibility to feel better…
• How do I know if I am allowing stress to negatively impact me? How does stress manifest (show up) in my life? If I ‘ignore’ something long enough, my body will actually create things that make me pay attention…stomach ache/cold sore or blemishes/chest pains/disease. The sooner I let myself notice and do something about stress, the less severe the dis-ease.
• The fastest way to reduce stress is to change my thoughts!
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Part One: Make a list of HOW stress shows up in your life. How does your body and mind let you know you are experiencing stress:
Emotional upset, feelings of unworthiness, health challenges, life challenges, dis-ease or illness, procrastination, super-business, watching too much tv, chemical use/abuse, anger or lashing out, mouthy or quiet, blaming other people or situations, feeling out of control, ‘misbehaving’, violence toward self or others, klutziness…different for each of us, but if you look at your life, you will begin to see patterns.
Jot down a couple of notes about when/how this has shown up in your life. Has it happened more than once? Are there any patterns? ( I personally have a Labor Day ‘pattern’…as I look back over my life, I have had several significant health issues occur on Labor Day…what is that telling me?)
I have actually let stress almost kill me. I had a sudden cardiac arrest and am grateful to still be here today. Most of us do not let stress get that bad in our lives, but really look at how it has impacted you and your life so far.
Part Two: Make a list of your Top Ten Stressors (These can be positive too)
Just make a list today. It doesn’t have to be in order or anything. Just write down the things that create stress in your life. Keep in mind this is YOUR list…not your significant other’s or you kids or your mother’s…your list.
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: