30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 23
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“Dreamy” (page 209)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• What does dreamy mean to you?
• Dreamy is that ‘ahhhhhhhhhhh’ feeling.
• I am dreaming of ____________________________,
• Feeling stressed makes it very difficult for me to think about anything dreamy (what I want). So thinking about what I want is almost the opposite of stress. If I think about what I want (something dreamy), it helps to eliminate the stress I am experiencing.
For example: If I am thinking about walking in the park, it makes me feel less stressed. I want to walk in the park. For you it may be sitting on a beach watching the waves. Whatever makes you feel dreamy.
• Do you dream more or less when you are stressed?
• Let yourself dream up a solution to what is stressing you out. The sub-conscious mind knows what to do. Sometimes our ego and conscious mind block us from seeing it.
• Dreams are visions.
• You do not have to be asleep to dream. Some of our best dreams (visions, ideas) come when we are day dreaming.
• Dreaming leads to doing.
• Dream, Decide, Do, Delight
• What are your dreams made of? What do you want them to be like? You decide.
• Allowing yourself to dream is self-love.
• What others dream (want) is none of my business.
• Everyone can dream whatever they want to.
• My dream is my dream…no one has to agree with it…sort of like my opinion.
• A dream is just the beginning…
• My dream is but one possibility.
• Dreams are a way to tap into your sub-conscious mind.
• Dreams can be a way to tap into your soul…your Big YOU.
• What makes me feel ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh? What makes me experience ‘dreamy’?
• Since everything comes from within me, how can I experience dreamy feelings more often? How will I let myself do this?
• More dreamy (light, good) feelings = less stressful feelings.
• How can I access that dreamy feeling anytime I want to feel less stress (better)?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Dream Board (Book, Notecard, Movie, Story, Paragraph, Picture)
Today we will create a visual Dream tool for you to use to focus the energy of your dreams in the direction of what you want.
Most of us humans, have a very strong visual sense.
Making an actually THING we can look at, to remind us of what we want, is very powerful and effective.
You decide what you want to create as your visual reminder.
Whatever stimulates that ‘dreamy’ feeling in you.
Whatever you have time to do.
It might be a picture that triggers that dreamy, stress-relieving feeling in you. Perhaps it is a place you visited, something you find beautiful and peaceful (a flower, a landscape, a person).
You may have several pictures that create a stress-reducing experience for you. Attach them to a ‘board’ (cardboard) or put them in a book…use your imagination. Be your creative self.
Perhaps you create a scenario to run in your imagination (vision in your mind). Make a little movie that makes you feel dreamy. Play it out over and over again. Make sure it is what you want.
Write a paragraph or put key words in a notecard or sticky note or piece of paper. Then you can take it with you wherever you go. When you are experiencing a bit of negative stress, you can look at it and feel better.
Sometimes all you need to do is touch the pocket or place you are carrying the note, to lower your stress-level. This is why I like to carry a stone or trinket in my pocket. During the day, if I notice I am getting ‘hot’ about something, I just touch my pocket and feel better. I often have both a notecard in my purse AND a touch-stone in my pocket. HINT: If you see me touching my pocket several times, it could be an important sign, not so subtle body language!
Take a picture or find a picture that makes you go ‘ahhhhhhhhh’ (almost out loud). That is how you know it is the right picture for you. Print it out.
Find a quote or picture that makes you feel dreamy. Print it out or get a copy of it somehow.
If you are technically savvy, you can create a dreamy vision on your computer or phone. A screen saver, a picture or collage, a web or social media page (you can make it private so only you can see it)…
Create SOMETHING dreamy today.
Look at it at least three times during the day.
Tomorrow, look at it at least three times too. As soon as you wake up, at lunch time and right before you go to bed.
Do this for the next 7 days.
How does this make you feel? Check in with yourself at the end of today. Take a personal inventory in a week. Stress-level???
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: