The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
Relax/Release/Receive/Allow/I Am” (page 467)
What does this phrase mean to you?
There are lots of meditations and methodologies available to anyone who goes looking for them (try an internet search…today I ‘googled’ meditation and got 153 MILLION results in .60 seconds).
The Diamond Alignment is one taught by Jacqueline Joy that I came across in my studies of things to make me feel better (less stress) following my cardiac arrest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQ1lV93Hho Here is a link to a You Tube video if you are curious. Warning: This will be woo woo for many of you. It was for ME! But, watching it every morning made me FEEL better, less stressed. SO I did it (for a while, probably a few months). Then I found something else that felt good to me (less stressed) and did that…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U__KIJYkgqc here is a link to her 6-minute alignment. Check it out. It may make you feel better.
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• Relax/Release/Receive/Allow/I Am-Use these as the 5 steps you use as a meditation.
• You must take time for YOU to connect to YOU, every single day. Whether it is a few minutes or a few hours, it is essential to your living the life you want.
• What can I do (my own ritual) to feel better (less stress)?
• How can I regenerate, recharge and de-stress?
• How do I relax? Does my go-to behavior contribute to my stress in any way?
• How do I release and let go of stress (pent up energy)?
• How do I allow good things to come to me?
• What am I receiving now? Am I getting increased stress? What is that trying to tell me?
• What could I do to reduce the amount of stress I am experiencing right now?
• What if I decide to just let stressful things roll right off me today?
• Do I handle stress better when I am excited or relaxed? Awake or sleepy? Satisfied or Hungry? Notice when you are most impacted by stress…take little steps to reduce its impact on you.
For example: I am a total stress-eater. I know this about me…and this behavior actually causes all sort of other stress IN me. When many stressful things are going on in my life, my refrigerator/freezer/pantry change from a ‘good for me, healthy’ zone, to a salty/sweet/caramel/processed and junk food stockpile. That is one of the sure signs to me that I need to address MY stress!
• Come to terms with knowing things are going to happen and change…all the time. Nothing stays the same. We live in an ever-changing world. Since I can not stop it, I need to find ways to embrace change.
• Honestly, how much time do you spend alone a day?
• When was the last time you had some me-time?
• When is the next time you will MAKE (take/prioritize) time just for you?
• You can not be your true self with anyone else, if do not know who YOU are.
• When you and YOU do not match (in any way), there is stress.
• You, being YOU (matching with your true self, soul, higher Being—whatever that means to you) and following what feels right for you is the best way to reduce stress in your life. This may appear stressful to others, but that is not your issue. You must do what is right for YOU.
• Whenever I am over-committed (doing things I really do not have time for because they are not MY priority), I feel stressed. What am I doing that I do not really want to do? How can I stop doing those things? When will I stop doing things that stress me out?
• Who do I know that appears to handle stressful stuff really well? What does he/she do that I can do too?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Today’s exercise is to find a meditation method that works for you.
If you already have one, terrific.
Do it today.
If you have not found a practice, that feels good (resonates with) to you, that is what you will do today.
You decide how you are going to figure that out.
This is for you, so only YOU can do it.
Here are a couple of suggestions:
1. Do an on-line search. Type in meditation and get hundreds of millions of results. If you want to narrow that down, add a couple of qualifying words…
Take your biggest stressor and add that word. If you think it is money, try money meditation or abundance meditation, or prosperity mediation or wealth meditation…
If your relationships are stressful, try relationship meditation, soulmate meditation, harmonious relationship meditation…
If overwhelm and frustration are of concern to you, try peaceful meditation, meditation for overwhelm, handling frustration meditation…
You get the idea.
2. Check out a few You Tube Videos.
3. Go to the Library (if you still have one near you).
4. Go to a book store…
5. Ask a friend. These days most of us know someone who meditates.
6. Breathe…just focus on your breath. This is actually my favorite stress reducing ‘meditation’. Just breathing and concentrating on your breath, in a calming and relaxed way, is the purpose of most meditation rituals. The methods and details vary…that is all.
7. Close your eyes and see what comes from WITHIN you.
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: