30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 17
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is Today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“We create our reality over and over again every moment (now), so to change things & create miracles, change your picture/movie/computer screen/programs/book/stories/etc. you’re running…” (page 350)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• I create what I think about, every moment.
• NOW is the only time we actually have to create anything.
• The present moment is all that there is…everything else is reliving the past or wondering about the future. I can not change the past. The only way to impact the future, is to think about what I want right now.
• What am I thinking about right now?
• How do I think about and see my life playing out? Is it a story, a movie, a program (way of behaving that I do over and over again)?
• Visualize what I want NOW to create that in my future.
• Change always begins with me (my thoughts right now).
• What I am experiencing right now, is what I have been thinking about.
• To change my results, I MUST change what I am thinking, feeling, believing, doing…
• Everything works out perfectly for me (in accordance with what I believe).
• If I think I am going to have a good day, I do. If I think I am going to have a bad day, I do.
• What do I repeatedly think about? How do I see things ‘playing out’ in my life? How does what I think about and do, impact my results?
• If I do not like anything about my current situation, only I can change it.
• Changing my results, is as easy as changing my mind. A change of perspective changes absolutely everything (well, it has the ability to).
• Stress is a choice. (OUCH)
Why am I choosing to experience stress right now?
What is in it for me to be feeling this way?
How much longer do I want to continue to have this stress?
What is this stressful feeling trying to show or teach me?
Am I ready and willing to learn the lesson, so I can let go of the stress?
When I am ready, I will. Only, when I am ready…
• I can actually create whatever I want by making up a movie (or a story) about it. This is how we do, be, have and get everything in our lives.
• Everything that exists, began with an idea. What IS was once just a thought.
• My reality is only MY REALITY. I create it. Everyone else creates their own reality. It is like an opinion. Everyone has their own.
• I decide what everything means (to me and my life) and everyone else gets to do the same thing too.
• One of the fastest ways to achieve a goal, is to visualize it as if you have already achieved it. See yourself having, doing, being what you want. Add as much detail and emotion as you can. Make your visualization a story, a book, a movie. You are the main character in your life. At least you better be. If you do not like a scene or chapter, re-do it. You are the author.
• We are always thinking. There is no way to turn off the steady stream of images that run through our mind at all times. (Maybe in a coma or something…) USE this to your advantage and create what you want. If you do not impact the direction of your thoughts and feelings, someone or something else will.
• How often do I think for myself? Really? How often do I let events or others influence what I think and feel about a certain thing?
• How often do I watch the news (on-line counts)? Do I get pulled into discussion about emotional topics? Do I choose my opinions, thoughts and beliefs (yes) or continue to adopt and expound those I picked up over my lifetime without questioning whether I really believe them or not?
Hint: We almost all do this to some extent. Remember, you are not born with any beliefs. ALL of them are learned. It is up to you to CONSCIOUSLY choose the ones that support you.)\
• It is a BIG deal to take responsibility for your reality. Most people will never do it.
• To know and live your life, in control, knowing YOU are in charge of everything that happens, is the ultimate power, freedom and responsibility. Are you up to it? What is the alternative?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Stress Vision (Board)
Today’s exercise is a ‘rule’ breaker.
Normally when creating a vision, you create what you want. For most folks, this is hard.
Ask yourself to list all the things you like about something and all the things you do not like about that same thing. Which list is longer?
For most, the negatives outnumber the positives significantly.
Because of this human tendency, today we are going to focus on the negative.
Don’t worry, we are not going to stay there.
Find a creative way to visualize them. Whatever works for you. DO NOT STRESS over the process.
• Make a physical stress board. Find pictures and cut them out. Attach them to a board.
• Write a story about your stressors. Make it a short story. Just a couple of paragraphs will do.
• Design a little book about your stressors. Draw a little picture for each stressful thing. One per page.
• Create an on-line document or find pictures that represent your stressors.
• Collect pictures or objects as you go about your day. Put them in one place.
• Make a stress collage…on your computer, or on a piece of paper.
How does seeing or imagining the things that stress you out, make you feel?
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: