30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 14
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
“Joy and expansion is why we came here.” (page 330)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
• Apparently joy and expansion are important (since the themes keep showing up on my random picks.) How important are joy and expansion to you?
• ‘Why we came here’, means why we exist, our purpose.
• Whatever you believe about life and death, there is a school of thought (supported by much evidence) that indicates we choose everything…our birthdate, our parents, our experiences, before we are born. What if this is
true for you?
• Do you believe in reincarnation? What if it actually exists? Does it matter either way to this life experience?
• Choosing joy and expansion is up to me. I do not have to be happy if I do not want to. I can choose stress and worry whenever I want.
• Why do I choose what I do? What is in it for me?
• Everything we do, is in our own best interest (at the moment we do it). At least we believe it is.
• What if I use joy and expansion as decision making criteria when I make a choice about something ? How happy (much joy) will this make me feel? Which alternative or action is helping me to grow and expand?
• Stress is contractive (like most things we consider negative). Even positive stress can make us feel smaller. The smaller we feel, the less powerful we think we are, the fewer options we allow ourselves to see as possible.
• We are all born deserving to be happy and joyful.
• No one and nothing can take our joy from us. We have to give it away. Life does not always feel this way, but it is absolutely true. Everything comes from YOU.
• How do I respond to stress when I am happy , open and expanded?
• What am I likely to do about a stressful situation when I feel unhappy and small, overwhelmed and frustrated?
• We get out of everything what we put into it.
• Joy and expansion are love. The happier I am, the more I am expressing my love for myself and others. The more open I am, expansive, the more able I am to love myself and others.
• Joy and expansion are freedom.
• We are not born to struggle, worry, stress and die. Many things in the world make us think this is true, but it is one big fat lie. What else do I believe that is a lie?
• The world and Universe are here to support me, always. I just have to know that this is true to begin experiencing things in my life that prove it. Belief comes before seeing…it is often called faith. Faith in you.
• So, why do you think you are here? Living this life? Doing what you do? Being who you are?
• What is your purpose? Mission? Vision? Reason for existing/being?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Create Your Joy List
Life happens and stressful situations can come up at any time. That is why it is important to be proactive.
One of the ways to do this, is to have a list of things (at your immediate disposal) that make YOU feel joy and happiness.
1. Grab a piece of paper. Actually make a physical list, in your own handwriting.
2. What brings YOU joy?
3. List at least 10 things.
4. List as many things as you can….anything that makes you smile, feel lighter, more powerful and in control, positive, good (better), happier, more joyful or expansive.
5. Carry the list around with you today and add to it as you think of things.
6. Hang the list somewhere you will see it often for the next few days.
The key is to bring things that make you happy into focus. If we get what we think about, let’s think about the things that bring us joy, first and foremost.
It does not matter how big or small these things are…
bubble baths, butterflies, clouds, rainbows, when someone smiles at me, when I look a person in the eye, laughter, books and reading, teddy bears, walk in nature, hugs, a new piece of clothing (socks even), seeing a picture that motivates or moves me, learning, looking at something from a different angle, waking up in the morning, looking out my window, finding a penny, smelling a flower, seeing something new…
are just some of the things on my list.
All that matters, is that they make YOU (and only you) feel joy.
I actually keep a list of about 30 things (activities) to do when I feel stressed, on my refrigerator. Yes, I am one of those people. I recommend it.
Whenever I am feeling stress, I just go read through my list. I do not even have to actually do any of the things on it, to feel better.
Simply reading the list and knowing that it is there, shows me I always have a choice. I always have something I can do.
This reminds me, I do have the power to be less stressed, happy, joyful.
Give it a try. What have you got to lose?
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: