30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 13
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your
Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• What is IT? Life, My purpose, Love, The Goal…fill in the blank and define IT for yourself. Only you can decide what IT means.
• How do I let consciousness expand and express through me?
• What is consciousness? Is it glimpses of my true self, my soul, my BEING?
• This one might be a bit too woo woo for some of you too…sorry Mom. The more we look inside ourselves, the more incredible things we discover. If that is woo woo, yippee! The more you understand (and love ALL aspects of you), the better you understand others.
• Being YOU is the best example you can set for the rest of the world. Your family, your friends, all of your relationships deserve to involve the ‘truest’ you possible.
• It is human nature to hide parts of our true self and not share it with others…mostly out of fear.
• You are an infinite BEING…it doesn’t get any bigger than that. Expand out into that in ever increasing vibrations (feelings)…every stressor looks tiny in comparison. The bigger and stronger I feel, the more capable I am of handling any situation.
• Anything that is stressing me out, is tiny compared to the real me. If I blow up me (expand) and compare what I am worrying about, even if I blow that up too (what is the worst possible thing that could happen), it pales by comparison. I KNOW I am able to handle it.
• Anything the world sends my way, I will deal with.
• I have a 100& success rate of handling stressful days. (If you are still here breathing, so do you.)
• Since everything is energy, including me, any stress I have is just a miniscule bit of energy compared to me…no matter how small I might feel.
• Do I know that I am in control of nothing outside of me, but EVERYTHING inside of me?
• Do I realize that I do create my reality, my life…via my thoughts and beliefs?
• I can only see and experience what I want to. I am blind to anything my sub-conscious does not want me to notice. It is designed to protect me and keep me safe, but that can also mean ‘stuck’ and doing the same thing that is keeping me stressed. (Safe trumps stress for most of us.)
If I am stressed by my job, I will stay in it even if I am miserable, because my brain will serve me up (move from my sub-conscious to my conscious) all sorts of reasons why I MUST stay…job security (like that exists these days), money/income (family, self to feed/clothe/shelter), fear of change (what if no one else wants me?), and a nearly infinite number of other reasons. Notice these ‘reasons’ do not have to be true, real or factual. They just have to persuade you to stay safe.
• What does consciousness (the Universe) want to show me about this? This stressful situation, person, place, thing?
• What lesson do I need to learn from this? What lesson could I learn if I wanted to? Hint: If you do not want to keep experiencing this stress, look for the lesson. As soon as you ‘get it’, the stress will vanish.
For example: I have been stressing about what to do with my manufacturing business. The building it resides in has sold and will close in about 30 days. There are many solutions to this situation and I was looking into dozens of them. It was stressful, until I made a decision. I choose the one best option that feels right to ME. It has gotten a lot of negative judgement from others (and that does not matter), but I know it is best (for me) because my level of stress immediately went down significantly.
• What do I want to do? Be? Express? Show the rest of the world?
• Assuming anything is possible and that I have no limitations, what would I be/do/have?
• Does thinking of myself as infinite (BIGGER), make me feel better? Why?
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
What Else Is POSSIBLE?
A few days ago, we did an expansion exercise. (Day 10) If you need to, go back and re-visit that. Do it now.
1. Expand YOU.
2. From that perspective, ask yourself, WHAT ELSE IS POSSIBLE?
3. If you get NOTHING. This is IT. There are no other options. I MUST do x, y, z. Start opening yourself
up to other options.
4. Just be willing to imagine other possibilities.
5. Start by asking WHY?
6. Why do I think or believe I must do this?
7. What comes up? Ask WHY again.
• Keep asking WHY until you get to the actually ROOT CAUSE of your reason for MUSTING something.
• You will feel a distinct sense of peace or relief when you get to this point.
• It often feels like a cloud has lifted.
• The weight of the world that was on your shoulders will feel like it has gone away (or at least given you a break)…go ahead, put the world down.
• You may or may not get to the real reason you feel a certain way about this situation or stress.
• It does not actually matter. What matters is that you get to the point of peace or neutrality.
• The place that you are willing to look for other possibilities…
8. So, what else COULD be possible?
9. Just brainstorm a bunch of things. It doesn’t matter how outrageous or likely/unlikely they are. Make a list.
The point is not to analyze any of these.
The purpose of this exercise is to show you that there are options. Often when we are stressed, we get into a pattern of thinking.
We think and do what we have done in the past because we know it worked for us before. It might have gotten us though a previous situation successfully, but be totally inappropriate to our current circumstance.
It is critical to break this cycle.
There is quite a bit of truth to the saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing(s) over and over again, expecting different results.
If we continue to do the same things, we will get the same results.
We must be willing to change.
Change begins with recognition that something (usually we) must change.
Let me know if you would like an example of this process/exercise. I have lots of them!–
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: