30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 11
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
I handle everything with ease, grace, joy & glory!” (page 183)
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• I get to choose how I am going to react to anything and everything that happens to me.
• Stressful situations come up all the time, but I do not have to react in an emotional or negative way. I can pause and look for the ‘gift’ or ‘lesson’ in the situation, before I respond.
• I handle everything with ease, grace, joy and glory…how cool is that? Who do I know that does this? Who can I think of that does this?
• Recall a time or situation that you responded with (one or more) of these qualities.
• Recall a recent situation in which you did not handle it gracefully…replay the scene in your mind how you would have preferred to respond.
• Everything happens for a reason.
• Many things we react to inappropriately, and take personally, actually have nothing to do with us.
• People’s actions and responses around us, are ALL about THEM. We often take other’s actions, words and behaviors as an insult. Later we find out that the person was having a bad day and it had nothing at all to do with us. The dirty look, the snide comment, the cutting off in traffic…
• How certain are you, overall, about anything?
• How often do you feel composed? Ready and able to handle anything?
• The more prepared I am, the more certain and confident I am that I can handle anything that comes up during the day.
• Planning a little bit, setting goals and moving toward them, builds my certainty that I will know what to do, in any given situation.
• As long as I am moving toward something I want (not just reacting willy nilly), I am making progress.
• Operating with the belief that I handle everything with ease, grace, joy and glory…just feels good to me. It makes me feel lighter. What is the alternative? Is that how I really want to BE?
• I want to feel good. Most of us do. The more often my behavior and reactions MATCH who I really am, the better I feel…about my actions, my thoughts, myself and my life.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
CHOOSE Your Reaction
Today, at least once, choose to react with ease/grace/joy and-or glory!
Something ‘off’ or ‘upsetting’ is going to happen around you today. A thing you think is bad or negative.
When it does…
2. Pause. Take a deep breath. (Maybe take a few.)
3. Think about how you WANT to react.
4. Ask yourself if this demonstrates ease, grace, joy and glory.
5. If not, WAIT. Take a couple more deep breaths…
6. Come up with another way you can react that does show ease, grace, joy and glory.
7. Respond that way.
8. Reflect on how choosing another way impacts the situation…most importantly how you feel. Do you have a more positive view of the situation?
9. Repeat…every time something happens that bothers you.
If someone cuts you off in traffic…how could you react?
If someone does not smile at you or ignores you…could you ask yourself what is going on with THEM?
If you get bad news (my aunt died yesterday, I have a BIG business dilemma, my co-worker dumped a huge project on
me, 3 people came over the centerline at me while I was driving), how much more composed and confident are you when you handle it with ease, grace, joy and glory?
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: