30 Day Stress-Busting Bootcamp Day 10
The first thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is pick a random page from my favorite tool (Flip Book) and use that as our guiding thought for the day. Here is today’s random pick from ‘Flip Book, Your Secret Weapon In A World Gone Wild”.
What does this phrase mean to you?
What could it mean for you?
Jot down what comes to mind immediately.
Perhaps write it on a piece of paper and carry it with you throughout your day. Then as thoughts occur to you, capture them, by writing them down. I do this when I do not have my personal flip book handy. You see, I am always working on a new flip book of my own.
If nothing comes to mind, that is ok too. Just BE with it. Not everything means anything to all of us.
For example: Here are the first things that popped into my mind when I read this today.
• How big is infinite? What does infinite look like to me?
• When I look at something from a ‘bigger’ perspective, it does not seem so important.
For example: If I am stressing out about what to make for dinner, by remembering that there are people in this world who can’t even afford dinner, WHAT I make just does not really matter. This simple change of perspective, immediately, reduces the amount of stress I am experiencing.
• How does this thing I am stressed about compare to ___________________?
• What is the WORST that could happen? What is the probability that it will? Can I live with that?
• Infinite is the number of potential solutions for just about anything…
• What if I let myself consider other possibilities?
• Is the stress I am experiencing because things ARE different than I THINK they SHOULD be?
• So many choices, so little time. Time is actually infinite…and made up, anyway. So are all ‘rules’.
• What would you do about this (the thing that is stressing you out) if anything is possible?
• Will what is stressing you matter in a year? Try picturing yourself a year from now and see if it is still an issue in your life.
• Think of things in nature to get an idea of how big infinite is…space (the final frontier kind), grains of sand, drops of water in the ocean, air, leaves on trees, plants, bugs…and it is way, way bigger than that.
• Do you believe there is one right/best way of doing something?
• Do you think of your life as predominately positive or negative?
• How reactive vs. proactive are you? When something happens do you just react immediately or do you take a bit of time to consider your response before acting? Most of us ACT first and think later…or justify our actions later.
• How can I use the infinite nature of the Universe in my favor?
• YOU are an infinite BEING…having a human experience.
Write down, note what happens to you. What happens for you. How you feel.
The next thing we will do every day during this Stress-Busting Bootcamp, is DO something for the day.
Take action…even a tiny step in the right direction means progress…and progress in the right direction, means less stress!
Today pick something that is stressing you out and blow it up in your mind.
Do this visualization.
• Expand YOU out and make yourself as big as the Universe.
• Take a deep breath and feel how big you are. Now on each deep breath, expand yourself out (feel larger and larger)…
• Bigger than the room you are in.
• Bigger than the building you are in.
• Bigger than the block you are in.
• Bigger than the city you are in.
• Bigger than the country you are in.
• Bigger than the hemisphere you are in.
• Bigger than the Earth.
• Bigger than the Milky Way Solar System…
• Take another couple of deep breaths.
• Consider the thing that has been bothering/stressing you.
• How does it make you feel now?
• Slowly reverse this process by breathing and shrinking your expanded self, back down to your original body size, step-by-step.
Did this make you feel any differently about what is happening in your life?
Do this once a day for a couple of days.
See how blowing YOU up, makes things that seems so important, change and become manageable.
Experience how powerful this makes you feel.
Know how capable you are to handle whatever life throws your way.
Be prepared to be challenged.
DO the ‘exercises’.
The more you do, the more you grow…the faster YOU master your life’s stress.
Your Stress-Busting Bootcamp Friend
Be Loving. Love Being. Be YOU!
Ready for Your Own Flip Book? Get YOURS here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01807AZR2 Link to get Flip Book on Amazon
Physical copy available on Amazon too! http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Book-Secret-Weapon-World/dp/1519345402/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451477546&sr=8-2&keywords=Flip+Book%3A+Your+Secret+Weapon+In+A+World+Gone+Wild
Comment and share your thoughts on our Facebook Page: